Re: [whatwg] HTML6 proposal for single-page apps without Javascript

> On Apr 2, 2015, at 3:22 AM, Mat Carey <mat@matcarey.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> This will take years, but right now it’s looking like there aren’t fundamental problems with the proposal
> My fundamental problem with this proposal is that it doesn’t blend well with the HTML we have - this group puts a lot of effort into backward compatibility because the web needs it.

Explain why you feel it’s not backwards compatible.  I made sure the proposal is backwards compatible with the “MREF” attributes.

You could take the same page and load it into an older browser, and it would work perfectly fine.  Older browsers would just ignore the <MODEL> elements and other attributes.

> Even if everyone loved it this feature could not go into HTML spec and be adopted by developers without a polyfill.

Where did you get that idea?  Polyfills are unnecessary to advance HTML.  Browser vendors don’t need them.  Where is the polyfill for CSS Exclusions, for example?

-bobby
---
Bobby Mozumder
Editor-in-Chief