Re: [whatwg] Notifications and service workers

From: Andrew Wilson <atwilson@google.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:35:00 +0200
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>, Robert Bīndar <robertbindar@gmail.com>, Peter Beverloo <beverloo@google.com>
I'm sorry, I meant that you can only use the 'data' attribute, if the data
you want to associate with the notification is structured-cloneable. Which
precludes lots of interesting stuff, like objects with attached methods,
memoized functions, etc.

I'm aware that 'data' is structured-cloneable - I'm saying that's not
sufficient for many uses.

-atw