Re: [whatwg] Bitmap + image = easy hit detect

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:26:14 +0200
To: L2L 2L <emanuelallen@hotmail.com>, WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
21.09.2014, 09:32, "L2L 2L" <emanuelallen@hotmail.com>:
> Does the image map have any effect on canvas?
>
> E-S4L
> N-S4L
> J-S4L

I had a proposal to use image maps, as a relatively simple (for authors) way to do hit testing (and as a way to handle accessibility more easily).

But it seems that there wasn't enough interest to make it stick.

The discussion would mostly be in the W3C HML Working Group archives. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html

http://www.w3.org/mid/bug-13451-2495@http.www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/;list=public-html and
http://www.w3.org/mid/758DEFE6-1CD1-4A4C-9E89-D7B7E8FEF977@apple.com;list=public-html

are somewhat random starting points that should give you pointers to the relevant discussion. I do not necessarily agree or disagree with the conclusions expressed there - I'll let you decide whether you think there is enough value to try and resurrect the ideas.

cheers