Re: [whatwg] Web API for Health Sensors

It's just a more compact data format that happens to evaluate as an object
literal in JS and is perfectly interchangeable with XML and similar data
structures like Python dictionaries. Most modern web services offer both.
You might prefer one or the other, but I can assure that it's perfectly
applicable and client-side oriented devs are going to be wary of any
service that doesn't offer JSON because it would be terribly silly not to
for reasons I would hope are obvious given what I've just stated. But
that's a conversation for another committee perhaps.