[whatwg] Web API for Health Sensors

From: Arpita Bahuguna <a.bah@samsung.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 16:15:53 +0530
To: whatwg@whatwg.org
Cc: sanjoy.net@gmail.com, sanjoy.pal@samsung.com, Arpita Bahuguna <arpitabahuguna@gmail.com>
Hello all,

Some of us were pondering over the need of having Web API(s) for health and
similar other sensors. With the growing presence of such sensors on
smart-watches and such, we believe a Web interface for retrieving data from
such sensors is required (especially for Web Apps).

Towards that end, we would like to know whether any work has been done
towards creating a Web API for Health Sensors (and the like).

Currently, the health sensor data is available only for native apps.

Would appreciate the community's opinion on the same. Also, if such a
standard is already under development, could someone kindly point us in the
right direction?

Regards,

Arpita Bahuguna