Re: [whatwg] questions on URL spec based on reviewing galimatias test results

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>
>> 2) Is the following expected to product a parse error:
>>
>> http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/urltest-results/bc6ea8bdf8 ?
>
> What is the DNS violation supposed to mean?
>
> I would expect this to change if we decide to parse any numeric host
> name into IPv4. Then it would certainly be an error.

Here is another example (though it contains multiple parse errors):

http://intertwingly.net/projects/pegurl/urltest-results/f3382f1412

The error being reported is that the host contains consecutive dot
characters (i.e., the 'label' between these characters is empty).

- Sam Ruby