Re: [whatwg] Notifications: making requestPermission() return a promise

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wait, what?  Anytime you request something, not getting it is
> exceptional.  Not sure how you can make an argument otherwise.

I would not expect a synchronous version of this method (were it to
exist) to have to use try/catch for anything other than invoking it
with an argument such as "TEST", which is clearly wrong. That's why I
don't think it's exceptional (e.g. warrants an exception/rejection).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/