Re: [whatwg] Support filters in Canvas

On 30/09/2014 02:20, Markus Stange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to revive this discussion.
>
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> I would suggest a filter attribute that takes a list of filter operations
>> similar to the CSS Image filter function[1]. Similar to shadows[2], each
>> drawing operation would be filtered. The API looks like this:
>>
>> partial interface CanvasRenderingContext2D {
>>     attribute DOMString filter;
>> }
>>
>> A filter DOMString could looks like: “contrast(50%) blur(3px)”

What happened to the effort to create CSS filters programmable in GLSL?
Wasn't that effort addressing canvas filters too? Programmable filters
seem more desirable than a fixed set. Last I heard the CSS filters
effort was exploring ways to limit filter operations to those that would
not allow, for example, the visited state of links to be determined. I
think allowing operations only on same-origin data solves those types of
issues for canvas.

Regards

    -Mark

--
注意:この電子メールには、株式会社エイチアイの機密情報が含まれている場合
が有ります。正式なメール受信者では無い場合はメール複製、 再配信または情

NOTE: This electronic mail message may contain confidential and
privileged information from HI Corporation. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the
contents of the received information is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete this message and all related copies.G