Re: [whatwg] [url] Feedback from TPAC

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 17:20:26 +0100
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: WhatWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> really?  Safari, Chrome and Opera all return what to me is eminently sensible
>
> stuff://www.app.com/a/b/banana

It does seem like they allow for some different behavior here, indeed!

We still need to special case schemes as e.g. "x" against
http:///test/ gives different results when parsed against x:///test/
(and we need the ignore extraneous slashes behavior for the former).
And Chromium is weird if you leave out a trailing slash as in x
against x://test. But it does seem like we could have something for
schemes that are not special cased, and are not javascript, data,
etc., that better matches RFC 3986.

I was thinking of introducing such a thing and that both WebKit and
Chromium exhibit such behavior to some extent makes it easier. Thanks.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/