[whatwg] Modifying the URL inside beforeunload event

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 11:29:48 -0500
To: whatwg@whatwg.org
Hi,

I would like to bringhttps://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=428583  to your attention. Quoting comment #9:

I believe this is a corner case that is not adequately described. I was imagining adding a clause somewhere around step 8 inhttps://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/browsers.html#unloading-documents:beforeunloadevent  <http://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/browsers.html#unloading-documents:beforeunloadevent>. Specifically, clarifying what the behavior should be if an event handler modifies the url.

I believe I have a legitimate use-case (described in comment #9) for needing to change the URL in "beforeunload". I am open to alternatives that allow me to achieve the same end-result, but I have not found any good solutions to date.

Thank you,
Gili