Re: [whatwg] [Notifications] Persistent notifications depending on Service Workers

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Peter Beverloo <beverloo@google.com> wrote:
> For |notificationshow|, there is a worry here that if we decide to support
> delayed notifications, it would enable developers to use notifications to
> set precise timers: create a delayed notification to be displayed an hour
> from now, get the |notificationshow| event, and call
> |notification.close()|. This is something which I'd hope would only be
> possible through some kind of alarms API, which in itself may be
> undesirable to start with.

Delayed notifications seems like a new feature of sorts we should
probably discuss separately. Although now you can create Notification
objects from a service worker you could get them as the result of e.g.
a server push so maybe it's not so new as it could be polyfilled in
that way...

Service worker integration makes sense to me. I guess I'll wait with
updating the Notifications API until that is further along.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/