Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Event.creationTime

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
> Can we just change timeStamp to be a DOMHighResTimeStamp rather than
> introducing a redundant property?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012OctDec/thread.html#msg8
is the previous thread on this topic. In that thread bz pointed out
that changing Date.now() to return sub-milliseconds as an experiment
failed.

If people want to do the experiment for Event.prototype.timeStamp I'd
be happy with that.

Is there a good reference somewhere for what the time would be relative to?

(I previously had a problem with doing this in DOM as it would depend
on page load time which is defined by HTML, but I have since accepted
that HTML and DOM are intertwined.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/