Re: [whatwg] More effective model for handling resources

> (Ideally, by the way, we would bake cache expiration and any other
> relevant response header metadata into the archive format. Of course,
> this puts the onus on the browser to decide whether to send a separate
> request for a particular resource in case it has changed, not on the
> server to know and supply the new version - but I think this is a
> better way to do things, personally.)

I'm not sure I understand fully what you mean. I guess the suggested
solution is an archive format? In most/all cache solution the server needs
to handle etag and invalidate caches.  The client could handle the expires,
which the suggested solution does.

--
Sincerely,

Tingan Ho