Re: [whatwg] SVG cloning elements from HTML5

On 27/06/2014 19:01, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:16 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
>> If the parser is changing here could we also change it so that HTML elements
>> don't auto close math
>> for which there was also only ever fragile justification.
> Yes, no reason to exclude math here. It should be consistent.
>
>> It would make far
>> more sense if the html elements
>> that currently close math just acted as if they were wrapped in mtext (and
>> so rendered normally, within the math)

> Or, slightly better, also define a "math layout mode", which currently
> only math elements can activate via hidden, unseeable magic
> (currently).  Then define how other layout modes act when inserted
> into the math layout model, like we're doing with the svg layout
> model.
>
> ~TJ

Speaking for myself here (but I wouldn't expect the Math WG to disagree)
we'd be happy to
work on whatever is needed here to make html/math/svg a coherent
document format
(that hopefully you might even implement:-) with as far as possible
historic differences
because of the different origins of the languages blurred to current users.

Who do you mean by "we" in the above (css wg, svg wg, whatwg here) not
that it matters really but if
I need to go and ask the Math WG to coordinate with someone I want to be
able to say who that is:-)

David