Re: [whatwg] Missing HTMLSelectElement.autocomplete

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Matthew Noorenberghe
<MattN+whatwg@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it intentional that there is no HTMLSelectElement.autocomplete IDL attribute[1]? Both <input>[2] and <textarea>[3] have it so there is currently inconsistency.

I discovered the same issue while working on
Autofill/requestAutocomplete in Chrome and Ian Hickson mentioned it
was likely just an oversight.  Autofill in Chrome didn't always work
[well] with <select> tags, so I could see how Autofill-related stuff
like [autocomplete] could be out of date.

It'd be nice to avoid more attribute accessors (and encourage authors
to use getAttribute() instead), but if <input> and <textarea> have
them we should probably be consistent.

--
Dan Beam
dbeam@chromium.org