Re: [whatwg] Proposal: toDataURL “image/png” compression control

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 4:06 PM, <andreas.gal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does SIMD support in JS change this equation?

Glenn is asking how much more compression there is to gain from this extra
parameter and how much extra processing it requires.

He's not asking how long it would take to do it in JavaScript. I would be
interested though :-)
png likely won't gain as much from simd compared to jpeg.