Re: [whatwg] Accept header

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> I would avoid adding the non-API sugar versions (content attributes,
> especially the dedicated ones) for anything that didn't have significant
> compelling use cases.

Agreed.

> Note that "Accept" _should_ probably be set by the UA for images, since
> the author can't know what image types are supported.

This was actually my main point phrased somewhat awkwardly I realize
now. Specifications that define APIs that use Fetch need to invoke the
fetch algorithm and say whether Accept / Accept-Language should be
included. Perhaps even recommend values as XMLHttpRequest does.

That means Fetch will expose those headers to service workers.

That means if we add a "Fetch" object of sorts they can be manipulated.

That also means Fetch will forbid UAs from setting them at the
network-level, giving e.g. fetch() full control over them.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/