Re: [whatwg] Maximum value needed for tabindex

2014-07-24 17:24, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

>> Are there any use cases for tabindex values greater than 32767?
>
> We've seen use cases for forms with that many form controls (large forms
> parts of which get conditionally shown/hiden based on values filled in
> for some of the controls), so I would think so, yes.

So how have authors handled the issue in the current situation where
browsers fail to support tabindex values > 32767 and do that inconsistently?

Having that many controls is rather exceptional, but there's more:
tabindex attributes are needed only when you need to make the order of
controls in source different from the tabbing order.

Yucca