Re: [whatwg] Proposal to add website-* meta extensions

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014, at 21:41, Arpita Bahuguna wrote:
> Hi Mounir,
>
> Agree! These meta extensions do appear to be an appropriate fit for the
> Web
> Manifest.
> However, am not sure how well the Manifest would be able to handle
> dynamically changing values for these extensions.
>
> Consider the use-case wherein, based on the location of the user,
> JavaScript
> changes the value of the website-number meta extension to give a more
> relevant contact phone number.
> As a meta extension, this is easily achievable.
> But would the content provider be able to change the values based on the
> location via Manifest? (do pardon my lack of knowledge in this area)

For the moment, the Web Manifest specification doesn't provide an API to
modify the Manifest after the page load. However, the server can provide
a different manifest depending on the user. It seems that serving
different manifest is probably what you should do here.

-- Mounir