Re: [whatwg] Canvas-Only Document Type

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I agree, that would be valuable.  This proposal is coming from the
> direction that sweeping out the main thread, and leaving only what is
> necessary for a full Canvas experience, would benefit such
> experiences.

Blink doesn't actually schedule anything related to CSS or layout on the
main thread if all you're doing is drawing to <canvas> so you wouldn't be
saving any main thread time. I doubt having those features is causing you
any jank. They do use some memory, but for a document with nothing but a
<canvas> I suspect it's very little.

- E