Re: [whatwg] Effect on window.opener when navigating an existing window using window.open

On Jul 2, 2014, at 5:43 AM, Bob Owen <bobowencode@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 July 2014 03:18, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Could you point me to a specific test case that demonstrates the
> difference?
>
> Sure, here you go:
> https://people.mozilla.org/~bowen/openerTest/openerTest.html
>
> In IE you get "firstOpener" alerted both times, which is as spec.
>
> In Firefox and Chrome "secondOpener" is alerted the second time.
>
> I'm almost embarrassed to say that I don't have Safari to test against, but
> I believe it's the same as Firefox and Chrome.

Yes, our behavior is same as Firefox and Chrome.

I'm somewhat concerned about the backwards compatibility given behaviors of
Chrome, Firefox, and Safari match and only Internet Explorer matches the spec.

But perhaps it's red herring given this is such an unpopular property to begin with.

> I've got a fix for Gecko, but we're concerned that there might be some
> compat issues and I haven't had time to look into it.

Would you care to share the Bugzilla number for Gecko?

I just filed webkit.org/b/134726.

- R. Niwa