Re: [whatwg] Hit regions: exception when the region has no pixels

On Wed, 2 Jul 2014, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> The canvas spec [1] currently states:
>
> If any of the following conditions are met, throw a NotSupportedError
> exception and abort these steps:

> The specified pixels has no pixels.
>

> Since the specified pixels are the union of the clipping path and the
> current path, it will be nearly impossible for an author to determine if a
> hit region has no pixels.
> Can't we relax this requirement and simply not set up a new hit region if
> there are no pixels?

Yeah, that seems reasonable. Please assume that the spec is so adjusted.

(I'm in the middle of updating my pipeline, so I can't easily make any
spec edits right this second. Sorry about that, everyone. I promise I'll
be getting back to my old productive rate of response as soon as the
pipeline is back up and running!)