Re: [whatwg] Drawing shapes on canvas

Maybe I am missing something, but I think this API could be implemented
entirely in JS without any new canvas APIs.  Do you have a counter example?
 Or perhaps you have a use case that would be extraordinarily inefficient
using current APIs?
The way I see it, you would need to use an off-screen canvas to as a
scratch pad for applying the shape ops (i.e. for compositing paths), but
wouldn't a native implementation have to do the same?