Re: [whatwg] Simplified <picture> element draft

On 1/7/14 4:28 PM, Yoav Weiss wrote:
> Since this case is not the majority case, we could bail out of it by
> delaying the iframe's subresource loading that rely on viewport
> dimensions until the parent's layout is considered "done"

That seems fairly undesirable, actually, though limiting it only to the
things that have media queries might be better...

> (e.g. all its
> <head> CSS was parsed and applied)

And all its HTML parsed (including whatever onload scripts it runs) and
layout on that completed, right?

This seems like it serializes things a lot...

But also some of the same constraints apply to the toplevel viewport,
not just subframes (e.g. its dimensions can change based on what the
browser UI does, etc).  At some point you just accept that the
dimensions you have are what you have, even if they might change in the
future.

-Boris