Re: [whatwg] Document.title for SVG documents

On 1/02/2014 10:01 pm, Dirk Schulze wrote:
> Could you be more specific about that? It is not just the first title
> element in the document, but the first direct child of the element
> root.

That is what the spec says but that is not what implementations do.

> A title nested in a group or graphical element has a different
> meaning and shall not be used as title. If there is a nested title
> element but no direct title child of the SVG root, then the document
> has no title. This distinction is important for accessibility.

Sure.  I'd be happy with keeping the special SVG behaviour here too.
Ian, if you still would prefer a hook in the SVG spec for you to refer
to, rather than including this behaviour -- first <title> child of the
document element -- then I can define for example "SVG title element"
that represents that element.