Re: [whatwg] HTML tags.Panorama, Photo Sphere, Surround shots

On 2014-11-18 06:57, Paul Benedict wrote:
> Is it really the responsibility of HTML to be told about this? I wouldn't
> think so. My initial thoughts are that all such information should be
> encoded in the file format of the image. I am not saying such information
> exists (maybe partially though), but that's where I think it should reside.
>

> Cheers,
> Paul

Yeah! Ideally a browser (or client) should be able to request the meta
information for a image (if available), this would probably be better
suited as part of HTTP/2.
Instead of a HEAD request a client could do a META request which would
be the same as a HEAD request but with all meta info the server can
provide about the file (like lens/ISO etc. info).
Server side something like Apache could let a handler fetch that info
from a JPG file (maybe even a caching proxy to speed things up). A
key:value pair would make sense I guess (with maybe a Meta- prefix).
But yeah in HTML itself such would just really bloat up the HTML page
itself (and one could always use AJAX and serverside scripting or
similar to fetch such meta info).

--
Roger "Rescator" Hågensen.
Freelancer - http://www.EmSai.net/