Re: [whatwg] `brand-color` meta extension

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Mark Callow
<callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2014/06/26 12:58, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> I would be in favor of this. It would be good to support the legacy content as its use on the Web is significant. Search I did back in Oct 2013 found these proprietary tags appeared on something like 1% of pages in Alexa's top 78K pages
> 1%! Significant? Hardly. Typo?

The web corpus is somewhere north of a trillion pages.  1% of that is
still 10 billion+.

Even for things that aren't evenly distributed, and so occur mostly on
newer content, 1% is a large fraction, which people are likely to run
into on a roughly daily basis.

Chrome, for example, only starts considering whether a feature can be
removed when its usage is under .01% (we usually prefer it to be less
than .003% or so).

~TJ