Re: [whatwg] Memory management problem of video elements

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM, duanyao <duanyao@ustc.edu> wrote:
> 于 2014年08月20日 15:52, Philip Jägenstedt 写道:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 3:54 PM, duanyao <duanyao@ustc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not familiar with game programing. Are sound effects small audio
>>> files
>>> that are usually
>>> played as a whole? Then it should be safe to recreate the pipeline.
>>
>> There's also a trick called audio sprites where you put all sound
>> effects into a single file with some silence in between and then seek
>> to the appropriate offset.
>
> I think if UA can get and set currentTime property accurately, it should be
> able to recreate the pipeline
> with the same accuracy. What are the main factors limiting the accuracy?

I don't know, but would guess that not all media frameworks can seek
to an exact audio sample but only to the beginning of a video frame or
an audio frame, in which case currentTime would be slightly off. One
could just lie about currentTime until playback continues, though.

Philip