Re: [whatwg] Add a |transient| mechanism to the notifications API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:46:55 +0100
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Cc: Vivien Nicolas <vnicolas@mozilla.com>, "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Domenic Denicola
<domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
> From my reading of Windows Phone 8.1 reviews, the way they handle this is by allowing applications to remove notifications themselves.

We already have this actually:

var = n = new Notification(...)
n.onshow = () => setTimeout(() => n.close(), 7000)

I guess this would be for the case where you close the window before
that timer is able to run. Normally that would leave the notification
in the notification center, but with say a duration member set to
non-zero it would be removed.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/