Re: [whatwg] Media sink device selection on <audio>/<video>

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> The consensus opinion at WebRTC and MediaCapture seemed to be that the
> ability to let an app say "which of these 5 microphones do you want?" is
> more amenable to creating good apps than leaving this UI to the browser
> chrome.

Seems to me that the privacy aspects (the fingerprinting vulnerabilities
from exposing this data), and the abuse aspects (giving hostile sites the
ability to access all the user's devices if any are made available) would
trump this. Surely we can rely on user agents to provide nice UIs.