Re: [whatwg] Document.title for SVG documents

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > On Mon, 3 Feb 2014, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> >>
> >> An even simpler solution would be to say "we choose the first
> >> property that we align SVG and HTML more.
> >
> > This seems to not quite match the SVG semantics, unfortunately.
>
> Does it break existing content? If not, why not ask the SVG spec to be
> changed? The thread was started by one of the SVG spec editors after
> all.

Dirk and heycam's replies to your original e-mail here suggest that this
is not really viable. I mean, it'd be like changing document.title in
HTML to point to the first title="" attribute in the document if it came
before the first <title>.

Anyway, what the spec ended up saying is in some ways even simpler, since
it only looks one level deep for SVG rather than doing a deep tree search.

(Is this the kind of change that you would have liked pre-flighted? I can
revert the change and put out an announcement if you like. I'm not yet
sure I exactly understand what kinds of changes fall into this category.)