Re: [whatwg] Question about document.referrer (and document.URL, document.location.href) when IDN domains are in use

On 9/10/13 3:54 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> These seem like the logical places for it to be set. Am I missing
> something?

No, you're not.  I was.

> Well, then they'll be broken, I guess. (They'll break safe, though.)

Well, the outcome is "user can't use site".  (Which they care more about
than whether the site is safe or not, too, though the safety bit is not
relevant to the discussion per se.)

> It might be, depends on what the URL is.

Basically, if we want interop on this stuff we need to define which
things get punycoded where and which things are stored as ACE instead
and whatnot.  :(

-Boris