Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Adding methods like getElementById and getElementsByTagName to DocumentFragments

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 06:48:00 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 10/23/13 4:39 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> Or maybe we could remove the name lookup thing altogether for
>> Element.getElementsByTagName et al?
>
> Hmm.  There are some compat worries here; do we have any indications
> that this name lookup is unused in the wild?

I meant for element.getElementsByTagName, but not for
document.getElementsByTagName.

I don't know what the compat situation is for
document.getElementsByTagName's name lookup.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software