Re: [whatwg] Web development

From: Mark Roberts <gbstar@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:12:09 +0100
To: "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>

From: gbstar@msn.com
To: whatwg@whatwg.org
Subject: Web development
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:04:28 +0100

Why is everything else around us developing so fast, but the web is so slow to adopt anything? It takes years just to add even the simplest improvements, or updates! I would like to see improvements to selectors. The way elements are selected on a page is hard work! Why can't a child select a parent in hover or any other target? HTML5 is a great advance, but in this case we still have to rely on jscript for most things!