Re: [whatwg] Various threads with feedback on HTML elements

> > >The spec does not limit <main> to being used only once.
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but the spec says:
> >
> > > Authors must not include more than one main element in a document.
> > http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/single-page.html#the-main-element
> >
> > I think that's what Ian Yang was originally referring to.
>
> Ah, ok. That's the W3C's spec. You'd have to contact them about that.

Right, you can file a bug on the HTML spec
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?comment=&product=HTML%20WG&component=HTML5%20specor
send an email to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/

> The WHATWG spec doesn't limit <main> to being used just once:
>
>    http://whatwg.org/html#the-main-element
>
> In general I would recommend against using the W3C's spec as a reference,
> as it has differences exactly like this.
>
> If you are mailing/commenting on this list then I agree with hixie. If you
want to comment on the W3C HTML spec then...

In general I would recommend against using the WHATWG's spec as a
reference, as it has differences exactly like this.

> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fLhttp://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
>
> --

Regards