Re: [whatwg] Proposal: Adding methods like getElementById and getElementsByTagName to DocumentFragments

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> I can obviously adjust our in-tree tests, but this test was part of jQuery's
> regression test suite, and I would be slightly surprised if there's no one
> out there using jQuery 1.2.6 (or later, up until the code went away; I did
> check that jQuery 1.10.2 no longer has the code cited above) and if they
> don't run into this issue.  :(
>
> Anyone think otherwise?

So per Kenny anyone using jQuery and not having upgraded after 2008
would per http://blog.jquery.com/2009/01/14/jquery-1-3-released/
potentially hit this problem.

That does indeed seem like a compatibility problem. Can we have
telemetry to confirm our suspicions?

We should add it to DocumentFragment I think. That will be useful for
ShadowRoot too.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/