Re: [whatwg] Proposing: "autoscroll" event

From: Nils Dagsson Moskopp <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 00:01:30 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Kyle Simpson <getify@gmail.com>
"Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> schrieb am Tue, 14 May 2013
14:34:09 -0700:

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Nils Dagsson Moskopp
> <nils@dieweltistgarnichtso.net> wrote:
> > […]
> >
> > Please explain how a document subresource can be “accidentally”
> > referred to by a URL be “accidental”. I do not understand it.
>
> You're using a hash to store information that is used by JS.  You also
> use ids on your page.  These can collide unintentionally, causing a
> scroll on page load.

The simplest solution (by far) would be to stop storing “information
that is used by JS” in a hash. Even Internet Explorer has pushState()
these days: <http://caniuse.com/history>.

Applying private semantics to public resources makes them less
accessible for everyone else. IMHO that should not be encouraged.

--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp // erlehmann
<http://dieweltistgarnichtso.net>