Re: [whatwg] Notifications: in workers

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> You could do this today anyway, manually, right? (That is, the page could
> provide an API that it vends as a port that just proxies the notification
> API.) How necessary is it to do this natively?

Not entirely clear yet. It would just be convenient as there's not
that much standing in the way.

> Note that one problem with putting notifications in workers is that it
> means we can't have rich notifications with exposed DOMs until workers
> have DOMs. Not sure if that's on the cards, but notification systems on
> other platforms are getting _quite_ rich indeed.

Pointers? So far the most common request I've heard is some way to
show progress from within the notification. But full HTML
notifications is not something most of the platforms seem to be at.
And that will create a bunch of UI and performance issues as well.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/