Re: [whatwg] font security on measureText

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What do you mean by that? Is this underspecified?
>
> CSS should say it fetches using mode CORS. That will result in a
> either a response marked CORS-same-origin or a network error. Fonts
> can be then be assumed to be safe as there is no way to obtain a
> tainted font. (However, it is my understanding not all browsers are
> aligned on this at the moment, so you might want to make sure that
> happens first.)

The text at
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#default-same-origin-restriction and
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-fonts/#allowing-cross-origin-font-loading
predates your introduction of the mode values, but clearly corresponds
to the "CORS" mode, no?

And while browsers are not aligned yet, they did plan to align last I
heard, in that their representatives in the WG had agreed to the above text.

Of course it's possible some of the browsers involved are just planning
to ignore the spec altogether without bothering to argue to get it
changed to what they think is the right thing.

-Boris