Re: [whatwg] URL standard: Query string parsing; host parsing

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:12:35 -0400
To: Peter Occil <poccil14@gmail.com>
Cc: whatwg@whatwg.org
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Peter Occil <poccil14@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see, the IDNA issue is still unsettled. So do you have advice for how
> implementers should parse and validate domain names in the meantime? Should
> the implementation convert domain names to punycode, validate their length,
> or any of these?

As far as I can tell the most prominent implementations still
implement IDNA2003. In fact, with Rebel Opera gone, all browsers do
IDNA2003. So maybe we should standardize on that. The problem with
standardizing on that of course is that it runs counter to registrar
policies :-(

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/