Re: [whatwg] Question about document.referrer (and document.URL, document.location.href) when IDN domains are in use

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:01:20 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> The question is whether it's more important for document.referrer to match
> the HTTP header (so the note will actually be true) or location.href and
> .URL...  Well, and the other question is what .URL and location.href should
> return, since clearly we don't exactly have interop there.

My ongoing assumption has been that we want to serialize to punycode
always in the API as the Unicode form is very much a UI decision and
we do not want to leak that detail to web developers. (We do at some
point want to expose an API to convert one to the other, irrespective
of UI considerations.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/