Re: [whatwg] [html][webcomponents]: Link element in body?

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 11:21:10 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 3/20/13 6:27 AM, Benjamin Stürmer wrote:
>>
>> I've been thinking about this exact thing for the last few weeks,
>> because I have a use case in which it would be beneficial to use an
>> in-body <link> to include CSS files, especially if <link> could be
>> updated to support the "scoped" attribute with the same behavior as in
>

> I believe that's come up in the past; worth checking the archives.
>
> I _think_ people claimed at the time that <style scoped> with @import did
> the right thing, but I agree that <link scoped> seems cleaner...
>
> -Boris

Yeah, I am almost positive that I've brought it up before though it
might have been offlist to you or Tab... Also FWIW this is essentially
the use case I cited when asking the questions that led to this
thread... It's a really common case that pages are assembled with
document fragments fetched from elsewhere... It would be difficult,
implausible to manage web components for those use cases in a
significant system/app by placing link references in head.  It would
be really nice if we had some advice at least for handling that if not
a wholly spec'ed solution IMO.