Re: [whatwg] Priority between <a download> and content-disposition

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@coredump.cx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 10:00:40 -0700
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: WHAT Working Group <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
> Downloads are associated with the site the link is on, not the domain the
> resource is served from.  If users click a download link and the file comes
> from s3.amazonaws.com, they didn't come from Amazon; they came from your
> page.

I don't believe that's the case in most browser UIs. In fact, I don't
think it should be. For example, if I search for something on
google.com, and this takes me a page that serves Content-Disposition:
attachment; filename="impotant_google_update.exe", we don't want to
imply that Google endorsed that, right?

/mz