Re: [whatwg] Fetch: number of tasks queued

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:41:51 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> > It doesn't matter how many network tasks there are, though.  We can just
> say
> > that if the old state is (eg.) OPENED, and we're now in DONE, that we
> > iterate through all of the intermediary states, setting readyState and
> > firing onreadystatecomplete.
> As explained earlier the difference is observable when methods that
> spin the event loop are invoked.

You'll need to be more specific, since it certainly wasn't explained
earlier in this thread.

That has nothing to do with the issue I described, though.  Code should be
able to depend on going through each state, without exceptions that only
manifest with particular protocols (or browser cache state, etc).

Glenn Maynard