Re: [whatwg] Fetch: number of tasks queued

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:00:37 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> For the test.invalid case Gecko reports both 2 and 4, Chrome/Safari
> only 4, and IE10 1 and then a while later 4. I think we should go with
> a single network task for this scenario and align with Chrome/Safari.

It's safer to guarantee that we always send a message for each state.
 Otherwise, code like this will work with network fetches but then suddenly
fail if pointed at a data URL:

client.onreadystatechange = function() { if(client.readyState ==
client.someState) doSomething(); };

It doesn't matter how many network tasks there are, though.  We can just
say that if the old state is (eg.) OPENED, and we're now in DONE, that we
iterate through all of the intermediary states, setting readyState and
firing onreadystatecomplete.

--
Glenn Maynard