Re: [whatwg] asynchronous JSON.parse

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:42:00 -0600
To: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>
Cc: "j@mailb.org" <j@mailb.org>, "whatwg@lists.whatwg.org" <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com> wrote:

> The JSON object and its API are part of the ECMAScript language
> specification which is standardized by Ecma/TC39, not whatwg.

He's talking about an async interface to it, not the core parser.  It's a
higher level of abstraction than the core language, which doesn't know
anything about eg. DOM Events and doesn't typically define asynchronous
interfaces.  If an API like this was to be exposed (which I believe is
unnecessary), it would belong here or webapps, not at the language level.

--
Glenn Maynard