[whatwg] Fetch: networking tasks

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:57:19 +0000
To: WHATWG <whatwg@whatwg.org>
So in the grand rewrite of fetch I wonder:

1) How does HTML distinguish for which fetch the tasks are queued?

2) How do we deal with tasks for uploading data? Currently fetch only
deals with processing incoming data, not outgoing.

In both these cases, how do we either allow the caller to filter or
filter for caller? Caller APIs are generally not interested in
redirects, e.g. progress events are for the response entity body, not
any number of redirects that preceded receiving that. Upload progress
events are only ever transmitted after a CORS preflight completed.

Also, is the networking task source exclusively used for fetch? Should
we rename it then (harhar)?

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/