[whatwg] Maxlength attribute on input[type=number]

From: Steve Hoeksema <steve@kotiri.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:42:34 +1200
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
Hi,

The current whatwg standard [1] states that maxlength is not a valid attribute for input[type=number].

I built a form and tested it in Firefox, which honours the maxlength attribute, and then found that Chrome did not.

I thought this was a bug, so I reported it to Chromium [2], who determined it was not a bug and referred me to whatwg.

I'm wondering if there is a rationale for not supporting maxlength on a number field, and if not, how I can go about having the standard changed?

Cheers,

Steve

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-input-element.html#input-type-attr-summary
[2] https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=253798