Re: [whatwg] Proposal:Improve internationalization in the autocomplete attribute

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:15:01 +0200
To: whatwg@whatwg.org, "Mounir Lamouri" <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Cc: Albert Bodenhamer <abodenha@chromium.org>, Lara Rennie <lararennie@google.com>
On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:31:42 +0200, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
wrote:

> On 11/06/13 23:46, Albert Bodenhamer wrote:
>> Address CEDEX codes:
>> Problem: They don't fit well into the "postal-code" field and are often
>> handled as a separate entity.
>> Proposal: Add a field name for CEDEX code.
>
> As far as I can tell, CEDEX is never explicitly asked in French web
> forms. Likely because usually only organisations (companies, school,
> administrations) use such things and real people only use it when they
> have to send paper letters to those.

Which is not qiute as uncommon as it seems. Mostly, when real people who
work in those organisations (companies, schools, and administrations are
collectively responsible for a lot of employment in France) have to give a
postal address - e.g. to buy physical things, or get real papers delivered
to them.

> I guess that someone that needs to fill out an address with a CEDEX will
> whether add it to the post code, the city name or simply not mention it.

Yeah, when I had to use it (about every second day for a few years) I just
added it to the city name.

> I doubt it is needed to add a new autocomplete value for that given that
> I doubt that forms have a field for that.

I can live with that.

cheers