Re: [whatwg] Background of <body> covering the whole page – is this described somewhere?

2013-07-23 20:44, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
>> Is this described somewhere in HTML or CSS specifications or drafts? I think
>> it should be, since it is what browsers do (tested on Firefox, Chrome, IE),
>> and even though it sounds absurd, I’m afraid pages may rely on it. A natural
>> place to look at is
>> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/rendering.html#the-page
>> but I can’t find any statement about the body element extending to cover the
>> viewport as far as backgrounds are considered.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/colors.html#background

Thanks for the prompt reply. Makes things clear. On the practical side,
however, I wonder whether this part of CSS specifications should be
referred to in the Rendering section, as it is logically rather unexpected.

Yucca